Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jesus Culture OC

If you have read my previous post you would know my spiritual status prior to this OC trip. My one and only purpose was to gain my passion back, and God wonderfully gave it back to me.

It was a pretty rushed decision to go, because of another last minute decision of not attending the Supernatural Worship Training at Bethel. Even though many things didn't go my way, such as, didn't get to register cause it's full, didn't get a wristband to get inside, had to shower standing on bare floor with no bathtub...etc, God managed to pull me out of every single circumstances. (Except the last one, let's just say it's a small persecution.)

Jennifer, Shinny, Andy, Eric, Alice, Tiffa, George, Sam, Howard, and I were there from the first day. Perfect balance of 5 girls 5 guys. On the first night, Kim Walker was leading the worship and Benny was preaching on Isaiah 6. He talked about letting your pride die, just like King Uzziah died. "What is the King Uzziah in your life?" For me, I definitely have some pride issue to deal with, and I am letting God fix me and continue to mold me. He also shared about worship. "The Lord's voice can be heard when you immerse yourself in worship. Worship lift Jesus up, and when we lift Him up higher and higher, even angels will cover their faces from His glory." I love it. I want to lead worship that lift Jesus up higher and higher every time!! The second day Banning L. preached also on Isaiah 6. What a coincidence... I think not! Banning said, "Before God send people out, He always sanctify them first." Holy is not complete until you're set apart!! Step 1: Separate from sin. Step 2: Set completely apart under God. Holiness is attractive to the spirit, but deadly to flesh. Holiness is the result of encountering God. (Good words eh?) I really learned a lot about "spirit man" during this conference. Mostly from Banning's teaching. A long time ago, someone told me that our spirit and our flesh are actually two different things and can be separated. I couldn't understand it because I've never really experienced separation of flesh and spirit, except that one time when I was awaken from slumber by my own spirit's prayer. During the pastoral meeting, Banning talked about how when we preach to people who are pretty passive, we preach to their spirit and not their flesh. The spirit is always hungry and longing for more of God, the spirit is made to worship, the spirit is made to have a love relationship with Jesus. So we preach according to how the "spirits" are, and see them as hungry worshipers who love Jesus with all of their hearts! Be able to see with the eyes of faith! I've been reading "When Heaven Invades Earth" by Bill Johnson, and it talks about the eyes of faith a lot. (I'm reading the children version) This phrase has been stuck in my head these days, "Faith eyes see a person on a wheelchair standing up running and jumping. They see from the Kingdom's perspective." In the afternoon, Loni McIntosh once again touched on this part, she said, "We need to pray from the Kingdom's perspective and not the earth's perspective!" She also said something that expanded my horizon. "When you breakthrough heaven, you'll open heaven for people around you!" I get so encouraged when I hear these words. Wow I didn't know that!! When we went to city invasion, we led a high school kid, James, to Christ. It's my #6 this year! Woohoo~~ Keep them fishes coming, Lord!! To tell the truth, I've been unable to hear from God or to see pictures for a while now, and I really don't like it. However, just last night, Tiffa couldn't find her cell phone and she totally forgot where she put it. I went to my room and started to pray for her, then i saw her phone on the passenger seat, and the color of the seat was gray. After I prayed, Tiffa came into the room and told me that she found out where her phone was. It was on Yusuke's car's front seat, and his car seats are gray!!! I was so encouraged and felt so loved by God. Whew, You still wants to talk to me and show me pictures. I'm relieved. Haha. I got my passion back, and I know that I cannot depend on conferences to boost up my fire. Just like Eric said, "If the Holy Spirit is the living water, and the Word is the bread, then if you only feed on the Holy Spirit and not the Words, you are on a spiritual fasting! That's why when you finally get some Words you think they're so good, because your spirit was starving for bread." TOTALLY AWESOME WORDS! And I realized I've been fasting spiritually for a few weeks now... and I'm hungry!! Bread... here I come.......

Ps. Right now I really want some fish tacos... Those at Islands were yummy!

-sala<3

2 comments:

johnny said...

That's extremely encouraging! Soon you will be fishing with nets, not with a rod!

Breakthrough heaven!!!!!!

jasypants said...

awesome! x_x i wish i couldve went. ohh my schedule? it's like.. some things are planned and others are like on a whim. we should hangg. yes. viet food :] whenever you wanna hang (or you're free) just give me a call or whatever. ohhh what are you doing for 4th of july! maybe we all can hang! :D