All I want to be is a lover of Jesus, but the burning passion in my heart that stirs the urge to bring revival fire and God's love to everywhere I go is great. After impacting my campus, UC Riverside, I've been looking forward to see God impact my workplace! (Even though people tell me it's much more difficult than the campuses, I don't have a doubt in my mind that by His great love and power, all things are possible!)
It started from a simple eye examination on mid-July...
After graduation in March, I became part of the unemployment population. Seriously I've been looking everywhere but no luck. One day I went to the OIC Eye Group for an eye exam, and surprisingly, without knowing they're even hiring, I got a job there. With extreme excitement, I knew God has something awesome planned for this practice. Looking back at the past four months, I see God's fingerprints all over the place... (Almost everyone, including my boss' children experienced God and their faith grew within these four months. You can read about the details below if you would like to know what exactly happened.)
The first week, I wept and interceded for the staffs and patients during one of the IMPACT prayer meetings. Got a burden in my heart to start a Bible study at the place. Next day, my co-worker started sharing w/ me over lunch that she was praying last night and God gave her the burden to start a Bible study w/ the staffs too!! Confirmation! We started it, then more staffs joined as we worship, pray and share the Word. We told the boss about what we're doing and he was super excited, he wanted to make an announcement to the staff and personally join us too, but he's just too busy. (He even texted me to let me know he couldn't make it, now that's something.) Ok, that's a good start! :D
During 2nd month, I went to lunch w/ one staff whom I've been talking to and caring for. She shared with me before that she was pregnant when she was 18, had the kid, got kicked out by her parents, then did not marry the real dad, and now married to another guy from another state. She was upset that day and as she willingly opened herself up to me, she shared that she and her husband had a fight last night and he told her he wants a divorce. He hasn't been treating her well as she deserved. Everyday he'd go straight to his mom's house after work, then go home at around 11, 12am, and by that time her and her son were already asleep. Whenever he plans family outings he'd never include her and the son...etc. She shared that she wants to give up on love and just raise up her son by herself. I said to her, "It sounds cliche but I want to tell you that Jesus loves you." Encouraged her to bring her brokenness before Jesus for He loves to heal and love. I gave her a big hug for Jesus. She told me that her sister-in-law accidentally texted her something about going to church when it was supposed to be for another person. She took it as a confirmation and went to church that very Sunday. After a few weeks I asked her how she's doing, she said, "I've been going to church every Sunday and things are getting so much better now!" Praise God!!
Another staff, who's not a believer, started asking me many questions about God and the gospel during lunch hours. He really want to start going to church but because his wife and the rest of his family don't believe in anything, it's hard for him to go. On the last day of work, he asked me to pray for him. He felt that he's trapped in the darkness with no hope, he's trying to break open the box but he kept on getting bruised. After praying for him, the staff sitting next to me said, "Wow, I felt God's presence so strongly when you were praying. My heart felt so warm right now." The staff I prayed for was just speechless... (Cause we asked him how he's feeling, what he thinks....etc, and he couldn't answer us. lol) Thank You Jesus for touching lives here!
The day before that, one doctor called me in his office and asked me, "Hey Sarah, are you a strong Christian?" I was like... uh, I guess... yes? (Seriously, how do you answer that question?) Anyway, he asked for my advice on somethings happening w/ his church/pastor/family...etc. He really has the heart to reach out to the lost, but with his current condition (two jobs as a doctor, 1 kid and living super far away from work/church) it's hard for him to spare time. I told him that wherever he is, that's his mission field. Then I told him about the staff I mentioned in the previous paragraph, whom I prayed for, that he is hungry for God but it's difficult for him to attend church. I said, "Why don't you start discipling him? This is perfect for you!" He got excited and said he'd be happy to do so. C'mon! MPD!!
Now... wanna hear some healing testimonies? :) (sorry none of them have to do w/ eyes... haha)
One of the back assistants has trouble sleeping and suffers from constant headache. I prayed for her and the next day she told me she's never been able to sleep that well and deep before. Praise the Lord!!
One of our doctors twisted and hurt her neck while sleeping, the next day she asked me to pray for her. I laid hand on her neck and commanded the pain to leave and complete healing to come. After prayer she was like, "Wow, the place where you placed your hand got super hot as if a heating pad was on it." Then she went and touched my hand and found out my hand's not that hot. I explained to her that it's the Holy Spirit and many people experience heat during healing. Asked her how she's feeling, and she said her neck's got a lot better, prayed again and the pain completely left!! She was really really surprised and she said, "Sarah, you are so professional!!!" That cracked me up... lol! Hallelujah~! Later that day she texted me, "Thank you Sarah, I'll start going to church more!"
There were more but these are the highlights! :)
-sala<3
No comments:
Post a Comment