Saturday, January 15, 2011

Power of Transformation

A miracle just happened a couple of hours ago...


I've been without a cell phone for three weeks, because it was broken and it's time for us to renew our 2 year contract anyway, so we're just waiting for the cell phone store to prepare the paperwork and order in the phone we wanted. Today after I got home from Paul's End Time workshop, mom told me the cell phone store finally got the paperwork ready for us to sign. However, me and Amy got into a pretty big argument at the store....


To make the long story short, basically me and Amy are the only ones getting new phones, and due to price we picked the same model but different color. There's only two colors, purple and metallic, to pick from. I let Amy pick first and I'll take the other color, and at first she chose purple, but after we got home she wanted the metallic instead, so I took it that mine is the purple one. That was back at the first visit of the store last weekend. However, today when we were at the store, mom was asking us again what color we decided, and Amy said, "purple", I was surprised and quickly got real mad. I thought in my head, "What the xxxx??!! Who do you think you are that everything has to go YOUR way?? That you get to change your mind about things all the time, and the other people will just have to live with the leftovers???!!!" Seriously, I got super duper mad, I was at rage, at that moment I really wanted to slap her, punch her in the face, beat her up and I even wanted to kill her so badly. (Shocking eh?) All those crazy violent thoughts were going through my head, I thought of Cain and Abel, and how I can relate to Cain killing his brother. I had to control myself not to put my thoughts in action, so I put myself physically at a distance from her and not looking at her. 


At that moment.. God started to remind me of the Bible verses I read a couple days ago. Matthew 5:21, 22 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell." It was amazing... I think it was right after that, I felt all the rage and anger suddenly left my heart, all I could feel was this cleanness and lightness in my heart. Then, God filled the cleaned heart it with His love. At that moment, I had so much love for Amy I went up to her and hugged her. This huge heart transformation took place within just 10minutes!! 


In the car I started to tell them what God did back there, and my mom kept on saying, "it's really not easy to do that, good job Sarah". I told her, by myself I couldn't make this change happen, it was ALL God. By His grace and mercy I am set free from sinning against my sister, free from bitterness, and free from grudges. In the car I reach my hand to Amy, held it, told her, "I love you Amy! <3" 


According to the next verse in Matthew 5, verse 23 and 24, it says “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.Thank you Jesus!! Now I know I can boldly go before the alter to offer my gifts to my dear beloved Lord and Savior. Praise God!!


-sala<3

No comments: