Sunday, November 25, 2007

Indescribable feelings

I went to the Thanksgiving sales with Karen and her friends on Thursday night. Or was it Friday morning. Anyhow, while me and Karen were waiting, I saw this guy limping towards the end of the line. His right feet was on a cast and he was using crutches. Right at the moment that I saw him, I felt a wave of compassion inside of my heart. My heart aches so hard that I wanted to cry for that guy. It was so random, I didn't even talk to him yet! It made me really wanted to go pray for that guy, but I did not do it right then. In the line me and another guy started to discuss about evolution vs. creation. It was pretty intense stuff, lol. I was trying to say that God created everything and evolution is not true. He was trying to say that, God could create the beginning and then evolution took its place afterwards, so evolution is still true. I realized, I didn't know enough about evolution to debate with him. The other thing was, I didn't like to debate from the start! Bleh! This teaches us that, ALWAYS BE READY TO FIGHT FOR THE ONLY TRUTH!!Then the store finally opened at 5am. (We were there since 1 ish am!!) Anyway, after we were in the store, I was still thinking about that guy on crutches and my heart still aches when I think about him. Weird eh? Actually in the one hour that we were at the store, I saw him like three times. The first two times I still didn't go up to him. When we were just about to go pay leave, I said to God, "God if you really want me to pray for him, let me see him again." Right after that, he just appeared in front of me. The thing was, my roommate was looking for flash drives, and that guy was just standing right next to the shelf of flash drives!! Alright God you win! So I asked him what happened to his feet. He said on Tuesday he was playing soccer and he broke his ankle. Then I shared about how I got heal before and how God can heal him as well. I asked him if I can pray for him, he said sure. I prayed for the feet and nothing really happened. But as I tell him more and more about Jesus' love for him and that God was moving my heart to come talk to him from way back when we were lining up at 1is am, he was really touched. He is also a believer of Jesus. Praise the Lord! It's interesting how the people God led me to meet recently are all believers already. That encourages me a lot! I didn't know what was going on with those feelings that God gave me, I didn't know how to interpret them. Even now, when I'm thinking about that guy, I can still feel the same feeling. Maybe I didn't explain the meaning of those feelings I got so well, but I believe that just by me going up t o tell him that, "JESUS LOVES YOU VERY MUCH!" means a lot to him already.

Man I still wants to know what was it that Jesus wanted me to know... I was just thinking about it again earlier, and I thought that, it might be the feelings that the guy, by the way his name is Jose, is feeling. Maybe something happened to him, and he felt really heart broken. I don't know. No matter what, I know that Jesus' got His back for Jose. Hallelujah to the king! Amen!

On another level, I was thinking, "Hum, it's actually easy of what God sent us to do here. Just telling everyone about the salvation! And then basically God will do the rest." (Of course loving God and people, discipleship, caring networks, and other stuffs are what we're supposed to do as well, but spreading the gospel is our main mission and goal) I wish to let everyone I know hear about the gospel at least three time in their entire lives. (So they can have second and third chances to accept Him! Yay!) My family, friends especially. When we are striking for God's will and kingdom, everything else will just fall into its place. You don't even have to worry about anything like getting a job or being in danger. God's got your back for life! Even after your short life here on Earth! Awesome isn't it? Now i'm going to treasure my temple of God, my flesh, and go sleep. Woohoo Sunday tomorrow! Can't wait! :)

//Edit//
This just popped into my head. When we went to watch Jeremy's, Momo's friend's, gig on Wednesday night, I was sitting on the sofa, feeling so zoned out and numbed by the extremely loud music that was playing. I was really tired, and I realized I was immune to the loud and noisy sounds that, not Jeremy's band, but another band, was playing. I started to think about how many people in this world are immune to the sinful surroundings that's full of cuss words, violence, drugs, sex, depression, suicides, dark and negative musics and many more. Demonic power is truly overtaking this place that we're at right now. Just as those people are numbed by the messages of darkness and sins that they are constantly exposed to, many of us Christians are also numbed by God's goodness and His promises. Is it a good thing to be numbed? Scientifically and logically numbness is really an "abnormal" syndrome of a human body. When your legs are numb it is not a normal feeling for the legs. It is normal when everything flows and works continuously in the body right? The cycles of nature. So going back on the subject of Christians. Many of us are just satisfied with what we have and stopped moving forward, stopped seeking for more, stopped being hungry and thirsty for God. It is not healthy and not normal. We need to get the blood circulating in our body constantly, just as we need to be refreshed by the Holy Spirit and have the desire for more of God constantly. Imagine yourself as a tunnel of blessings. God gives you blessings after blessings, and you, if you are the numb ones, decides to be satisfied for the amount of blessings and He's been giving you, and of course you turn those blessings out to bless others. Your tunnel will not get wider because you are not asking for more and wanting for more. (It is worse if you don't receive and then give to others, your tunnel will get stuck and water runs dry) God loves us so much that He wants to bless us! He wants to give to us! He wants to expand us tunnels of blessings! So, don't settle for what you have already and get numbed, get up and break free from your bubble and start running after God's own heart and blessings! I believe you will experience much more than you can imagine! Bless.

-sala<3

4 comments:

jasypants said...

AWW ^_^ YES! LET'S TAKE OVER THE WORLD! No no! Thank YOU! You've helped me grow as well. With all your inspiration and encouragement! ^_^ I'm glad I met you. So how did the testimonies go after I left? xD

jasypants said...

I agree! ^_^


Yeah, I'm gonna recommend it to everyone I speak to from now until it's basically out on DVD. hahahah. when it is out on DVD, church should get it too. ^_^


Thanks for inviting me! It was really fun and powerful at the same time. :]

Alice in Wonderland said...

Sarah you are crazy...but crazy for God!! You help me realize that God can use us in any setting, at any time. Even when you're on a shopping spree with hundreds of other blood-shot-eyed consumers eager to get the most out of the Thanksgiving sales.

Man, when we went to the mall on Friday, I sat by myself on the bench to wait for amy and mom (I was tired and didn't want to shop anymore). I sat there passively, reading Chicken Soup, while one group after another of people sit down next to me, tired, on the bench. There was an old couple, a frustrated husband, a jumpy girl, a gang of talkative boys, and a mother cradling her child. I had so many chances to reach out to so many kinds of people, yet I refused to tell them about God. I feel so bad, I mean the mom even talked to me! I lost so many great opportunities!

Your testimony makes me feel even more like I should have the urgency for the gospel. Oh God, forgive me, forgive my numbness to the sea of suffering lost souls, let me share your burning desire to save the lost Lord!

Anonymous said...

i felt the same way when i was at the Derby. Nice gig place though.

But too loud? can't connect that well for some reason. though Jeremy played well. about the other band...that's just keep that a secret shall we? !@$@%%

but anyway. so good to know about what you really think. You are an inspiration to all.

love ya,