Friday, May 30, 2008

Love Suffers Long

"You can have pain without love. But you cannot have love without pain."
- Kris V.

Just finished listening to the Bethel weekly sermon. The topic was, "Love suffers long". Kris V. was sharing about the time when he was in extreme amount of pain and he couldn't understand why. His friend told him, "It's normal. You love much that's why you have much pain. Love suffers long."

"Love is patient..."
1 Corinthians 13:4

It is translated as "Love suffers long" in the King James version. I have been learning about this lesson ever since this year has begun. However, I still don't quite grasp the true meaning of this phrase. If you love, you will suffer in pain for sure. It's impossible to have love completely without any pain. These two go together hand in hand. This is the way of the Kingdom. Lord, teach me Your way and show me Your path.

I need prayers. I cannot do it by myself. I feel lost like I'm in a darkroom, unable to distinguish north, south, east, and west. I need someone to guide me. Yes I have a lot of things to do at hand, but... where is my spiritual growth leading to?? Which path am I to take next?? Lord shine Your light upon me. Reveal to me Your heart... I want to be closer with You, Jesus. I want to be a weeper once again...

This whole week, there have been a group of preachers preaching the gospel loudly at our Belltower every single day. You can hear them 20 feet away... "You are going to hell!! God hates you!! Do you expect to be with the Holy God when you still have sins in you??..." I don't know. Yes, everything that they are preaching is the truth, it's the Word. (Most of it) Yes, their motives are right - To proclaim the truth and to bring salvation to the students. But, are their words bringing life or death into people? Our words are extremely powerful, and most people don't realize that.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.
Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold
is a wise man's rebuke to a listening ear.
Like the coolness of snow at harvest time
is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him;
he refreshes the spirit of his masters.
Like clouds and wind without rain
is a man who boasts of gifts he does not give.
Through patience a ruler can be persuaded,
and a gentle tongue can break a bone.
(Proverbs 25:11-15)

The first verse is actually the first verse ever that I've memorized. I remember Jack would always remind us to "throw the gold apple", which means to speak good words unto others. Recently I've been teaching this to many others, due to those preachers. They need to learn how to preach from LOVE! Though I do admire their boldness. So many false religions and false preachers are stepping out boldly to proclaim their believes, what are we, the children of God who understand the true meaning of the gospel and His love, doing?? Spread out our wings of eagles and lead us out there to fight a good fight, Lord! It doesn't matter how well you are trained if you don't have the courage to fight...

"Having a burning love for God produces in you the compassion that will run out to defeat the enemy no matter how impossible the circumstances may seem." - David D'Louhy

Got that from one of Jesus Culture's articles on their site. Check it out if you'd like. The title is "Compassion Burn".

Ps. Pray for me that I get all the classes I needed to get into... and that I can find an internship for the summer. Also for my financial issue... Lord, if You want me to go out there, provide me financially!!! I love You!

-sala<3

3 comments:

[joy B.] doveseye said...

go see my blog,sala~~
i love u!

johnny said...

Kris always has good words to share. Love Suffers Long--I guess the Lord has suffered quite a while, seeing this world being so polluted. I remember how in the beginning of this year you've been practicing on Love is Patient, and it's so interesting to see the KJV of 1 Cor 13:4.

These type of preachers are everywhere. It even got on our school's newspaper!

shin said...

我昨天去的concert 那個preacher也說類似的東西
something like you will go to hell
雖然andy說 這樣人才會怕, 才會想要接受神
可是我還是覺得..這樣沒有什麼說服力........至少以前的我聽到 也不會想要相信神啦....

dunno..