Sunday, July 20, 2008

Latino Young Revivalists!

Yay! Congratulation to Jeffrey!! He accepted Jesus today! :D Jeffrey is Chris and Kevin's cousin! He is 14 years old! After church I took them to buy Bibles, and then when we were about to leave, I spotted a blind woman walking with a cane and her daughter. I asked Jeffrey, "Hey there's a woman behind us who's blind, do you want to go pray for her?" He nodded and said, "Yea!" We called Chris and Kevin over and told them what we wanted to do, as we were talking, the lady walked pass us. I let Jeffrey run up to her and ask her the question. He was so brave!! He went up to her by himself and asked her if he could pray for her. Then we all went up to her and then her daughter told her how many people are gonna pray for her. The blind lady is a believer and she was very excited when we offered to pray for her. She smiled and said, "I can use all the prayer I can get! Thought I'm blind, God lets me see what He wants me to see!" We all laid hands on her and pray for her eyes to be opened up. Though she wasn't healed right then, we believe that God has His timing and plan for sending this woman to us so we could bless her. Or the other way around. We never know! :) The kids were excited because they prayed for a stranger today! They wanted to share about it on Sunday, which is so awesome!!! Getting them used to city invasion, so it becomes their lifestyle. ^^V

Since all three of them got Bibles now, I told them to start daily Bible studies with each others. Shared with them how in high school, I used to do morning Bible studies with Jack and Joy every morning before I go to school. Chris said he will be the leader. I know he will be an awesome one! They'll be reading the Book of Acts, one chapter a day. I will be doing it with them on the phone. Starting tomorrow! We're all excited!

The new kid, Derek, is 10 and he said he's been learning from the Bible ever since he was 2 or younger. He's got knowledge but not encounters. Please keep him in your prayers if you will.

Pray for these kids that they can come to summer camp.... Thanks!!
- Jason (11)
- Oscar (11)
- Derek (10)
- Rebecca (7)
- Sarah (11)
- Desiree (11)

Ps. Please keep inviting children 7 - 12! =) God will do amazing things at this camp, I know it!

-sala<3

3 comments:

johnny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johnny said...

God is moving at such a fast speed (at least from me view)! When's He's onto something, that thing's gonna explode! Lord, let all these children encounter You face to face!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!!



more Lord, more!