Brian, the previous GTM leader, came to Riverside last night. After dinner, we started worshiping God and Brian started sharing. The first thing he did was to lead Kenny to Christ. (If you check my facebook often enough you'll see his name/picture all over the place.) Now, if I was the Sarah I used to be, I would just condemn myself for not taking this step before Brian did. C'mon, I hang out with Kenny almost every day this entire quarter and I've never talked to him about giving his life to Jesus. Here is Brian, who came back for the first time at the last week of this quarter, and there he led Kenny to the sinner's prayer. I would be envy Brian and blame myself very much if it was back then. But, throughout these years, the Lord has taught me and changed my ways of thinking. No longer do I self-condemn or envy the work of the Lord done by others but not me, now I have learned to praise God for good work that He's done to others either through me or other people. Also, learning that God has always His perfect plan of perfect timing, people, and place, I know that it is possibly set up by the Lord to have Brian come and share Jesus with Kenny and led him to receive salvation. Praise God I'm receiving more personal growth!! For a while I've been worried for I have not been growing or receiving any new personal revelations for a month. Thanks Jesus!
Originally Brian came to get his diploma, but it wasn't ready for him so he was able to stay for dinner and the awesome God time that night. As Brian shared with us that he is currently in a stage of low spiritual fuel and is in desperate need for more of Him, that is one of the reason why he came as well. In seeking to get oil and encouragement from us, instead, his words and prayers boosted up our faith and filled up our gas tank for the Lord. God has used Brian in a mighty way that the presence of the Lord was so thick in the room that me and Kenny started to tear up. I've never ever hear someone share/pray and tear up so many times. Seriously, the Lord can use anyone even when they are at their weakest stage, as long as he is willing and obedient. Me, Ruth and Kenny all were challenged, encouraged, fed and our hearts were stirred. After Brian left, me and Ruth sat down and started evaluating GTM for this entire quarter. We wrote down a whole list of people, including old members and new comers, and committed to do caring network w/ all of them on a weekly basis. Must begin w/ building a strong leadership team since after next quarter I'll be gone and Ruth is planning to go study abroad after this year. I'm reading the book "Master of Relationships" by Rick Zachary. I need to really develop my team building skills so I'll be able to have my three closest comrades and G-12.
Ps. Lord I'm holding unto Your promise and won't lose hope. Dad will come to Christ before 2009. Amen.
-sala<3
No comments:
Post a Comment