Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Amazing Grace

My goodness, the air in Riverside is just so bad. It's filled with the smoke and dust from the fire in Malibu. My friend said she heard from the news that the fire is coming towards Riverside, and Alice just called and told me that Irvine is on fire too. What is happening!!! @_____@|||

Christine and Kenneth liked IMPACT very much. On the way back to Riverside, we encountered this crazy hurricane kinda wind/sand storm. My car was shifting from left to right, it was so hard to control and soooo scary! In the car, we were playing Jrock music (since Christine really loves Jrock, and i don't dislike it... xp). But, during the storm, Christine did something that amazed me. She turned off the music and said, "Let's be quiet for a moment". Then... she started to sing Christian songs!! From that moment on, we sang different songs to God until she arrived at her apartment. Before she did that I did not know what to do except praying (cause it was so scary), but what she did encouraged me so much. I was praying that God will let me see the way to cut in to her, to lead her to Christ, then through this experience it was like a light bulb of idea suddenly popped up. MUSIC!! This is the way to introduce Jesus to her, and no other better way!

Yesterday in our house church, Christine came as well. I was leading the worship and I decided to try something different for the group. Though this is not new for IMPACT, I was challenging and encouraging the crowd to sing freely to God in their own words. That was something new for many people, and God was just totally pouring out His Spirit on us. Christine sat next to me and she was singing louder than anyone else! I love the way God does things in a mysterious and miraculous way!! Yesterday's message was about the "perfect church" that the Bible describes. Diana, one of our leaders, talked about how we can do as individuals to impact our churches and unite everyone in the church as a ball. After the message, she led everyone into prayers and many people were crying, including me, during that time. She led many topics of prayers but the one that was really powerful was when she asked us to just praise God! Everyone started to pray loudly and just thank God for everything He has done and simply praise Him and adore Him. God's presence was so strong and I believe that Christine and Maria (the two new friends) were touched by God somehow. After the service, I stayed with Christine to tell her about the gospel and drew the salvation graph. Then two other leaders, including my roommate, went and talked to her more about their own personal encounter with God and taught her how to pray, what does it mean to be a Christian, who Jesus is...etc. Then at the end they prayed for her. I am just totally thankful of what God has done through us to Christine. I asked her to pray to God before she sleeps that God Himself will let her encounter Him in her dreams. (Thanks Jacko!) Though I haven't heard about her response yet, I believe God has already done great things and won this lost soul!! Hallelujah!

Ps. She wants to come again next Monday! xD YAY!! Praise Jesus!

-sala<3

6 comments:

+J Lin's Journey to Heaven+ said...

Cell group leader are not encouraged to play Jrock music while driving, please be cautions with it.

jasypants said...

My way is to talk to God. Keep talking to Him even if I don't feel His presense cause I know He's always there.

Anonymous said...

YAYA!!!!!!!
u good girl!!!
hey hey.. our air is bad too..
when i heard about the fire thing..
i feel..
the end time is very very close...
awww..
so now..
it force me to read more Bible..
guess what>?

i read my Bible before i sleep and i wake up this morning..
isn't that amazing/
haven't done this before..
but i know God is near..



add oil

Cheezy said...

Wow. That is pretty crazy. Whoooa. Keep it up! You are so cool!
XD

-kneefur

the Invaders said...

wow...that's cool..i like sushi.

jasypants said...

OMGOSH. i heard on the news that the fire was heading towards riverside too! i was like thinking "OH NOOO SALA!!!!! X_X"
:O what?! it's at irvine already?! so like.. are they gonna have an evacuation or something? x_x oh man. I prayed for the fire, rock's uncle i think, eric's dad, & something else i forgot x_x today when I was "waiting" for a friend of mines. I was reading numbers chapter 20. it was interesting. i made my prayer about that. xD so like i shall put the whole riverside & irvine in tomorrow night's prayer :] MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. <3