Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I Am Yours

This morning at about 5am I woke up from the prayers and praises my spirit was saying to God. It sounds so weird when I say it this way. I'm not really sure how to describe this. It's my first time encountering this. It's just like being waken up by someone's talking voice, except it was my spirit's "voice"? I think Misty Edwards' song best illustrates it. Literally.

I Am Yours - Misty Edwards
Though I sleep, my heart is awake.
Though it's night, on Your I wait.

It's been a long night, and I am weary.
It's been a long night, and I am hungry.

In the middle of the night
In the middle of the night
In the middle of the night
My heart it yearns

That's not the entire song, but those were exactly what happened to me last night, or this morning. Even though my flesh was asleep, my heart and spirit was awake and praying to God. I think my spirit prayed the entire night, about different things. Mainly just asking God's kingdom to come, praising Him, and expressing love to Him. I thought to myself, "Oh boy, when we go to heaven and we get to praise, worship, and pray to Him 24/7, do we even have time to sleep? Cause even when we sleep our spirits would continue to pray, and by that time we wouldn't even have our flesh with us anymore. So basically no sleep, period. O__X"

After I took a shower, I couldn't really remember what it was praying about when it woke me up, so I prayed that God would remind me once again. Then when I was eating breakfast, I flipped open my Bible, and there it was, the verse my spirit was pondering on and praying about - Psalms 118:29. "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." It's amazingly incredible, because that page was even marked with the tail of the page dividing string. You know the strings that are in Bibles to help you mark the pages, and it's usually longer than the page so you would fold the string and just stick that tail anywhere. And, the thing was, I haven't read that part of the Bible for a long time now.

Also, when I woke up, three songs were stuck in my mind. 1)Rain Down (Delirious) 2)Only A Shadow (Misty Edwards) 3) I Am Yours (Misty Edwards)

Only A Shadow - Misty Edwards
You will be my strength
You will be my song
You will be my light
All the whole night long

Worthy is the lamb
Worthy is the lamb

Though I walk through the valley
It's only a shadow
Though my body may perish
It's only a shadow

Then underneath my Bible, there lies my notebook for sermons, and the cover says, "The Lord is my strength and song..." Exodus 15:2 I never really remembered this verse is on this notebook even though I see it ever so often. Yup, the Lord is my strength and my song through all of my days. He gave me strength although I only had four hours of sleep last night. I was pondering on the prayer that Misty says in that shadow song...

"I wanna be Your witness, oh God, to the end. I know where I came from. I know where I'm going. My father, He is God, and my maker, He is my husband. Eternity is my hope. His name is written on my board and my name is written on the palm of His hand. He is mine and I am His. He is mine and I am His. So take my body if you please, and try, try and take all of me. But my soul, He keeps. My soul, He keeps. Though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, the Lord He is my shepherd. He is my shepherd. I am my beloved's and He is mine, rightly do I love Him though I walk through the shadow."

I am Yours God, I pray the same prayer that Misty prayed there. That You are my strength and song, the valley of death is only a shadow, You are my shepherd and I shall not be in want. Thank You for Your love and kindness upon Your children. Let Your kingdom come and will be done on earth as in heaven. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

-sala<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool...eat some grapes and drink some milk before you go to bed. God is awesome! His love endures forever!

jasypants said...

:[ those cookies were ecquisite. o.o i think i spelled it wrong. oh wells. um.. NO PROBLEM! I'll always be there for you! Besides, it was fun. Being at home got sort of boring so getting out is good. =] haha, my car, ey? another year. LOL ^^ you can wait that long, right? hehehe! <3