Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Can We Pray For You?" + Campus Invasion

Today me, Crystal, and Jeff were holding the sign, "Can We Pray For You?", in front of the Belltower. That is the center of the whole campus, which is where we had our Love Tent event. From 1pm - 2pm we prayed for a total of 15 people!! So many people were trying to avoid eye contacts with us, a few said, "Sure, pray for me! Thanks!" then walked right off, and only one person was making fun of us. Haha, I was totally excited I didn't care how people might think of me. I had so much fun!! :)

(You don't have to read all of them... this is just for my record. lol)

1. Brian
Right after we started holding the signs, this Asian guy came up to us. His booth was right next to us and he is running for the student president. He asked us to pray for him, his team, and for the election. We found out that Brian and his team were the only Christians in the election, and he really had the heart to bring light into the darkness of college student lifestyles. He said, "I know it seems impossible, but I really want to see this happen." We encouraged him and prayed for him, he said he felt much better afterwards.
2. John and his team
After we prayed for Brian, three people came up to us and encouraged us to continue, that it encourages them a lot!! We started to talk to them and found out that they are from Greg Laurie's church, Harvest. They were on campus to pass out fliers for their college group meetings. The leader, John, read an email from his PDA to us, which was written by a parent. The parent was praising God and thanking them for passing out the fliers at school, because her daughter got one, went to the meeting, and is more fired up for God than the parent's ever seen before. John said, "You never know what a flier could do!" We were encouraged, prayed for them and they left.
3. Hector
He was walking pass by, and we asked if we could offer him a prayer. He turned back to us asked for us to pray for his great aunt's Alzheimer. Even though he left right after he told us what to pray for, we prayed for his aunt right there out loud so he could hear.
4. Justin
We saw Justin, president of AACF, and called him over. He was heading to do evangelizing at our student center. His idea was to either buy food to treat people, or just pay for whatever food people are buying, and use that to evangelize. That's pretty cool because Crystal's been having this idea of buying cheese burgers to pass out on the street to evangelize. She was really excited!! Prayed for him. Ps. Justin has crazy guitar skills, and it came totally from God!!
5. Ethel
She's Jeff's friend so she came up to say hi to him. We offered her a prayer and she said, "Sure!" She didn't have any specific prayer requests so we just blessed her.
6. Christian
He was also walking pass by when we asked him if we could pray for him. He turned back and said, "Actually yes, can you guys pray for my girlfriend? The doctor found a lump in her breast and they are not sure what it is yet. The result comes out tomorrow." I shared with him what has happened to Sam Wood's kidney, he was totally encouraged and convinced that God will work His miracle on his girlfriend, Elizabeth. He is a believer so we all prayed together for Elizabeth. I gave him my number so after the check-ups tomorrow, he will call me up and tell me the results! Keep Elizabeth in your prayers people!!! Our God is amazing!
7. Geneva
She agreed to be prayed for, and so we prayed for her health.
8. Ralph
He lost his laptop, and I shared with him the testimony of "God I want my knife back!" and my testimony of getting back my ID card miraculously. I told him that God is very big and almighty, but He is also very personal and tight with us. He cares about every little details of our lives. Ralph seemed half convinced, but agreed to let us pray for him. However, before we could pray for him, he took off... uh, ok.
9. Taylor
Prayed a general blessing over him.
10. Jason
Crystal's friend, Jason, came to say hi to her and we asked if we could pray for him. At first he was kind of hesitating, but we convinced him that God answers prayers and He really cares. So we laid our hands on him and prayed for his school work and for God to give him strength.
11. 2 girls and 1 guy
Their church is going to have a praise night on the weekend, so we prayed for that.
15. Leo
My friend, came to say hi to me, I offered him a prayer. Even though he is not religious, according to him, he agreed to let us pray over him. We prayed with our eyes opened because Leo is not familiar with prayers, and just blessed his family in general. He appreciated it, and it was pretty cool.

Afterwards we found out that at the same time that we were praying for people, another group of people were praying for others as well. No one knew who those people were, but it's very encouraging!! :)

Later at 4pm we had our leadership meeting with all the leaders from different fellowships, and people who had the burden for campus ministry. Around 20 people were gathered at the Commons, which is our student center. This time, a few leaders who did not participate in the Love Tent event came out as well. We all shared about how we envision the campus ministry at UCR is like, and the things that the Lord has been placed in our hearts. Many people talked about a culture of prayer, and the importance to set examples for our followers and disciples. Before I was going to share about City Invasion, or in this case, Campus Invasion, Thomas started to share about Prophetic Evangelism, which is the same thing as Campus Invasion. Man, God had mercy on me, because I didn't know how to put them in the right words, but Thomas just said it all. Nice! From now on all the leaders will meet up once a week to pray together, to share testimonies, and to go out for Campus Invasion. After the meeting, we prayed and went out for Campus Invasion. :) Soooo many cool testimonies were brought back!!

2 PEOPLE ACCEPTED JESUS!! 1 PERSON GOT HEALED!!

Me, Amanda, and Cassie went to the Rivera library. In front of the library, me and Cassie saw this guy standing by himself, smoking. We went over to him just because he is alone. We didn't feel the Lord telling us to go or anything. lol. I started a conversation with him...
"Hi, what's your name?"
"Uh... I'm Cang."
"Hi Cang, I'm Sarah." "Hi, I'm Cassie."
Awkward silence............
"Um, we are just wondering around talking to strangers. So here we are, talking to you!"
"Uh... okay?"
Seriously I did not know how to talk to him.... = =|||| It was very awkward. hahaha....
Well, then I started to talk about God's love, and how tangible it is. I asked him if he had a girlfriend, he did, so I said, "You know that tangible feeling of love, God's love is just as tangible as that. Would you like to experience it?"
Now, I thought he would say, "Uh... Naw it's alright." He looked very gangster ok, with bling earrings and an almost bold head.
However, he said, "Um, sure."
I got very excited and pretty surprised. I started to tell him about how he can received that love, and how God is not a "pushy" God. He will only go into your heart when you allow Him to. I asked him, "How would you like to have all of your sins be cleared up, washed right off?? Wouldn't that be cool?" He said, "Yea, it would." I talked some more and explained to him what a prayer was and how to say a prayer to God. He said, "Well I'm a Buddhist, is that ok?" I was like, "Totally!! God loves every single person on Earth!!" Then I asked him to repeat after me, and I led him to say to sinner's prayer. Isn't that sweet?? I never thought it could be so easy because he just looked like he doesn't care about anything. You know, those gangster guys?? But right there! He accepted Jesus into his heart!!! My goodness, I was screaming after he left. HALLELUJAH!!! He had to take off so I didn't get to get his info, but thankfully, Amanda has class with him so she got his info in class. Praise the Lord!!!!

Justin, who randomly joined us at the leadership meeting, went and talked to a stranger, whose name is Mark. Mark is a bio-chem major, and so Justin shared with him about how he was a bio. major himself when he was a freshmen. At that time Justin was a backslider and has stopped going to church for a long time, later he found out how tiresome it was and how wasteful of time it was to study science every day without having much time to sleep. Justin shared with Mark that during an earthquake, Justin realized that he could die right there and then and he would not be in heaven, so he switched major and went back to church. He repented before the Lord and re-accepted Jesus into his heart, and now he is living with a purpose and with the happiness and peace he could not find before. After Justin finished sharing, Mark asked him, "So what can I do??" Mark happens to be a backslider who hasn't been to church for a few years now, and Justin led him to repent and accept Jesus into his heart once again. It was beautiful!! :)

Me, Cassie, and Amanda, prayed for my friend, Joon, 's wrist. He has injured it a few days ago, and after two prayers, 99% of the injury was healed at the spot!!! :D I believe that God has already healed it completely by now. Hallelujah!!! The Lord is gooooooooood and faithful!!

These are just the highlights of all the wonderful testimonies that were brought back. The entire Invasion was only about an hour. lol. Sweet Jesus!!

I want more of You!!!!!<3

-sala<3

2 comments:

johnny said...

that's some good stuff right there

jasypants said...

good stuff.


it's simple. my nickname is jazz cat. hahahahah.