Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Counting the Lord's Blessings

The Lord has been blessing me so much at school, and it's only been three days! Let me briefly share what's been going on.

Monday
Our house church, G.T.M. (God Thirst Ministry), had a welcome dinner party at the pool of my apartment. Seriously, we pulled this together just 3 or 4 days before the event. Including inviting people! My roommate, Ruth, and Brenna cooked delicious food + desert. They're so awesome! I was running around like crazy in my house trying to clean and prepare for the party. Originally, we're suppose to have it in my apartment, instead of the pool. However, while I was trying to set everything up, I found out that the light bulb for my room burnt out and as I was trying to get other light bulbs in the house to replace it, none of them worked, I even broke one of them because I was in such a rush... = =+ So we moved to the pool and surprisingly, over 20 people showed up!! And half of them are new comers who don't belong to any campus ministry! The Lord is good! Now it's our job to do the caring network well to keep them and let them feel like home at GTM. I was very worried about this party during the entire weekend because I don't really know what program we can have for it. However, when I was doing last minute before the party, I looked at the clouds and they're just so brilliantly glorious!!! A voice said to me, "Don't you know that the Lord is good?" =)

Tuesday
Woke up at 5 to pray... I'm still doing it everyday!! Yeah!!
I started working at this terriyaki place that's 5 min. away from where I live in Riverside. Thanks Lord! You answered my prayer of finding a job that doesn't take much time, near by, and friendly! =)

Wednesday
Prayed for a guy, John, who broke his ankle about a month ago and it's still trying to heal. He needs to use crutches when he walks because it hurts a lot when he doesn't. When I passed by him he was just sitting at the side, waiting for his ride. I asked him what's wrong and if I could pray for him. He said, "I'm not a Christian but yea you can pray for me." I knelt down and laid my hand on his feet to pray for him. I said a very short one and asked him to test it out by walking without crutches. I asked him if there's any pain left. He said, "NOT AT ALL!" I told him how real Jesus is and that He loves him very much. His ride came right when I was saying that so he walked to the car WITHOUT USING HIS CRUTCHES!!!! xD He was walking fine too!! Praise the Lord!!!!

My friend's dad is in a coma right now. It's been 2 weeks since he fell down from the roof and cracked his skull. He almost died this evening... My friend even texted me, "I'm sorry Sarah." We were praying for over 2 hours for him and just a while ago she texted me that he should be able to wake up in 45 hours. Praise the Lord!! Let's pray for him!! Thank you so much!!
Please click HERE to check his current condition. =)

Ps. Gahhh.... this quarter so much reading ah!! T^T Dying...

-sala<3

No comments: