Friday, February 1, 2008

Love Tent - 1


(Made by Karen Xie)

Thought my calling and my focus should be on children right now. I kept on thinking that there is a reason why I'm at UCR. So, I prayed, and I started something. I'm doing something that has never been done before at my school. The Lord has been showing me how and what to do, and He has been releasing the same vision in people's heart. I am to be the forerunner of stepping out with big faith and big action in bringing ALL Christians together in TRUE UNITY.

When Johnny talked about Love Tent at UCSD, that was when I was thinking and praying to God about what He wants me to do, and what I could do on my campus. So then I prayed about it, and the Lord showed me a vision of how this Love Tent would be the initial point of bringing together the sons and daughters of the King. How is it possible to truly unite hundreds, even thousands, of people? There is nothing impossible in God. Through unifying the leaders of all these groups, and have weekly leader fellowship, which is kind of like the twelve discipleships gathering together and having a lifestyle together, each of the groups would then be united interchangeably. (I'm not sure if that's the right word to put there) United not through direct connection with each others, but through Christ, which is the triangle unity concept. Through Love, which is God himself, we are automatically connected and united.

Contacted all of the Christian fellowships that I know, and met with all the leaders on Wednesday, it was confirmed that just recently, all the groups have all started to pray for unity among Christians more than anything else. On Wednesday, we set the meeting time at 3pm sharp in front of the Rivera Library. By contacting all these leaders ahead, there were a few of them that I could not reach. However, it's amazing how the Lord just brought all these people to me either before or after the meeting. (i.e. I get to talk to one of the leaders in the Library before 3pm. I didn't expect to meet him there, and found out that he has class at 3pm. The timing was perfect) I get to talk to all of them in that one day! And during the meeting, God's presence was just so strong, even Karen was telling me about it! Thank You God!!

And, physical attacks have been happening on the people who're planning and putting this event together. Yesterday we had a headache tossing "game". Brian had a crazy headache, then it came to me, and Brian's head doesn't hurt anymore. Then it went on Karen, and my head doesn't hurt anymore. It is so weird! We kept on praying for Jesus' blood to cover us and protect us. The headache would go away for a while, then comes back stronger later. When we were going to one of the fellowships to announce the event, I suddenly feel very sick and couldn't stop barfing on the way. One of the leaders got a sever cold. Things are just happening all around. Please keep us, this event, and this vision in your prayer if you're reading this.

Two weeks ago I wrote an e-mail to the Chancellor about Love Tent, and I got myself an appointment with the Assistant Dean of Students this week. In the e-mail, the Dean sounds very fond of this idea, so that was a good start. Everyone has been praying for this meeting and it would go smoothly. I met with him today, and the meeting was splendid! The Dean totally supported the event, and really wanted this event to happen on campus. He is a believer himself, and he even asked us if he could come to Love Tent to worship and pray with us. He has given us all the steps we need to take and many suggestions on things like, where we might be able to get a tent or the sound system for free. At the end of the meeting, we all prayed together for this event. It was amazing!

I wasn't really sure how things would turn out when I was thinking of starting a Love Tent on UCR, because doing campus ministry is not exactly my calling. However, the Lord seems to be working His wonders on this, so I believe He is totally for it and is going to let it happen greatly!!

I feel like Joshua leading the Israelites crossing the River of Jordan. This surely is something completely new that the body of Christ has never before accomplished in UCR. However, this is the year of 2008, the year of entering in and doing new things. Like what Chuck Pierce prophesied, 2008 would be the year that God get us back whatever was taken from the Satan before! What he tries to do is to break relationships, so this year, let's all unite in God! Amen!

-sala<3

No comments: