Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Love and Power

Went to prayer room last night. I was waiting upon the Lord when He revealed the theme of my next season, and how He will show Himself - as LOVE and POWER.

He showed me this chapter. The Lord is so amazing, this chapter pretty much summed up what I have been doing/praying for, and what He has done, and also what He is going to do. Power, Holiness and Cleanliness, Thirst and Hunger to lead people to Praise/Worship Him, His unfailing Love, "be responsive to God, and not reactive to the enemy", and His Faithfulness. Perfect chapter at the perfect time. Lord You are perfect!

What I'm gonna do...
1) Ponder and live out one verse a day. Starting today!
2) Sing new songs to the Lord with the verse.
3) Encourage at least one person with it.

Psalm 66

For the director of music. A song. A psalm.
1 Shout with joy to God, all the earth!

2 Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!

3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power
that your enemies cringe before you.

4 All the earth bows down to you;
they sing praise to you,
they sing praise to your name."
Selah

5 Come and see what God has done,
how awesome his works in man's behalf!

6 He turned the sea into dry land,
they passed through the waters on foot—
come, let us rejoice in him.

7 He rules forever by his power,
his eyes watch the nations—
let not the rebellious rise up against him. (lol, thanks Lord)
Selah

8 Praise our God, O peoples,
let the sound of his praise be heard;

9 he has preserved our lives
and kept our feet from slipping.

10 For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.

11 You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.

12 You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.

13 I will come to your temple with burnt offerings
and fulfill my vows to you-

14 vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke
when I was in trouble.

15 I will sacrifice fat animals to you
and an offering of rams;
I will offer bulls and goats.
Selah

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.

17 I cried out to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.

18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;

19 but God has surely listened
and heard my voice in prayer.

20 Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!

Lord I pray that You would open my eyes and ears as I live with this chapter for 20 days. Reveal Yourself to me, my lover. Increase my hunger and thirst for you, that it would exceed my physical hunger. Lord, give me new melodies and the music of Your presence. I will sing and worship You all the days of my life. I pray for my heart to be tender and soft, and my tears to fall as You move swiftly in me and around me. Make me a soft clay of Yours, that's full of love and compassion for people. Make me wholly Yours. I love You Lord. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

-sala<3

3 comments:

johnny said...

amen. awesome short term goals. He will totally show up!

Anonymous said...

I read your post, then I read through all your other posts from last year to this year (hahahaha I'm your blog stalker!!)and it was just so amazing to see God's hand moving in your life, there were so many miracles, visions, reaching out, prayers, tears shed for Him, praises, struggles, victories, celebration, meditating...your life is changing other lives (thanks jack for "forcing" all of us to blog! it made such an impact!)

then I saw a picture of all the impact people running together on the race tracks, we were packed together, our faces sweaty; the weird thing is all of us were tied together by long ribbons on our wrists. All of a sudden the entire group jerks forward and runs even faster because there were some people running super fast ahead--and you were one of the leaders who lead the entire impact to run faster, to chase more fervently after God, to desire more of His kingdom to come, to see His power bringing more to salvation.

God pushed me to grow through you and others like you sarah :)

Don't stop running!!!

Love,
your secret stalker in wonderland

[joy B.] doveseye said...

wow..u have a blog stalker??!!....crraazzyyy@@!!